Perfect for a party treat on a hot summers day, or any day really! Kids LOVE icypoles! And parents love healthy!! Get your kids in the kitchen and make these delicious and healthy fruit icypoles.
1. Juice or blend the strawberries, kiwi fruit and oranges in separate batches. You can also use watermelon, mangoes, pineapples, berries or any fruit that juices or blends well! Keep them separated in individual, clean containers.
2. Start with whatever fruit you like, and fill you icypole mould 1/3 with the juice. Place in the freezer until fully frozen. Don't rush this step, allow each layer to freeze before pouring the next layer in, otherwise you could end up with a slushy, murky (but still tasty) mess!
3. When the first layer is frozen, pour in your 2nd juice. For those who are using sticks, cover the mould in foil and using a sharp knife, make a tiny incision in the middle where the icypole stick should go. Insert the stick - this helps the stick stand upright.
**Those that are using plastic sticks with the cover already incorporated into the mould, just place the cover and freeze for about 40 minutes, enough for the stick to be pulled out for the next layer but solid enough for it not to turn into a murky mess when the next payer is poured!**
Return to the freezer and allow to freeze.
4. Once that layer is frozen, remove from freezer and pour in your next layer. Return to freezer and allow to freeze. Repeat until you have filled the icypole mould with as many layers as you like. You can make thick layers or thin layers - it's totally up to you.
5. Time for you all to enjoy your delicious (and healthy) icypoles!
(Picture courtesy of http://tomgrimshaw.com/tomsblog/2014/01/03/fruit-icy-poles/#sthash.wPwayPDd.dpbs)